The Compensation and Benefits Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day administration of compensation and benefit-related activities. The incumbent helps address questions and provides proactive, timely and responsive support to ensure customer’s full understanding of their compensation and benefits. S/he strives to make the benefits delivery as efficient and effective as possible and to maximize the benefits value for the company funds spent. Reporting to the Benefits Manager, s/he works collaboratively with all HR staff.
- Administers company benefits programs for all staff (including life insurance, health plans, disability plans, and retirement savings plan), submits and tracks insurance claims, administers leave plans and tracks absence through the relevant HR systems. Ensures strict confidentiality of medical-related information.
- Prepares and enters individual employee benefit data into the HR databases and performs periodic audits to ensure data and benefits files are current and accurate and that company benefit plans are consistently administered to comply with company policies and legal regulations.
- Modifies benefit administration guidelines within the systems as required to reflect changes in the company’s benefit plans and policies.
- Investigates escalated benefit issues with vendors and works with them to implement solutions (i.e. collects information, analyzes data, determines causes of issue, develops course of action and communicates facts/conclusions clearly and concisely).
- Works with the HR Managers as necessary to ensure the smooth handling of the cases and keeps them abreast of employee-related events that may affect employment.
- Regularly follows pay dates and administers benefits data entry for all benefits with respect to monthly payroll deadlines.
- Takes part in reconciliation and billing for all benefits to ensure timely submission of invoices and supporting documentation to Finance. Resolves administrative problems with carrier representatives.
- Supports the administration of retiree benefits, including collection of retiree premiums and update of records, as needed.
- Keeps abreast of changes, reviews, updates and provides timely benefit information to keep the intranet web page current and accurate.
- Provides input and proposals for devising new or revised benefit plans while also supporting implementation of policies, procedures that are compliant, competitive and in alignment with corporate goals.
- Coordinates special projects on request and performs other related duties assigned. Covers for other Compensation and Benefits Specialists in vacation or busy periods.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources or related field or completion of a certificate program in employee benefits such as CEBS; or an equivalent combination of education, training and work experience.
- Minimum 4 years progressively responsible experience in HR and/or benefits administration required.
- Strong time management skills with ability to plan, coordinate, organize, prioritize, and simultaneously implement multiple projects.
- Ability to effectively manage work independently and in a team environment, utilizing a high degree of professionalism, autonomy, and maturity in working with customers, peers, and managers required.
- Ability to maintain highest level of confidentiality, impartiality and objective judgment in interactions with people. Must have tact and diplomacy at a professional level to deal with sensitive information and issues.
- Positive demeanor and highly dependable and motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet challenging and changing deadlines.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral.
- Good negotiation and interpersonal skills with demonstrated customer service commitment.
- Knowledge of Czech, U.S. and/or International human resources regulations and practices.
- High level of organizational recordkeeping skills, including databases, preferably PeopleSoft.
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in written and oral English and Czech.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.