Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty - Szabad Európa is looking for an experienced Social Media Editor. In this position you will be responsible for creating and editing content for social media platforms and generally managing RFE/RL’s Hungarian Service social media presence and engagement with audiences across these platforms. The incumbent plays a lead role in new media and digital initiatives and identifies content for enhanced outside promotion.
• Takes care of RFE/RL Hungarian Service's accounts on Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.
• Explores new opportunities for using other platforms as well for reaching new audiences.
• Posts RFE/RL Hungarian Service's content on Social media and makes sure all content is Google-friendly.
• Produces content especially for Social media.
• Advertises content on Social media, creates advertisements, targets audiences, keeps track of the performance.
• Plans and creates polls, quiz or other forms of interaction with RFE/RL Hungarian Service's audience on Social media.
• Answers/forwards messages sent on Social media, moderates discussions under the posts, and ensures a tolerant and hate-speech-free environment.
• Uses journalistic acumen to find stories that are both likely to be shared and meet RFE/RL standards.
• Mines the web for news leads and participates in developing news stories.
• Keeps RFE/RL Hungarian Service's team updated throughout the day on trending topics and stories worth exploring.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, or related field is preferred
- Experience in digital journalism and social media in news organization, minimum 5 years
- Experience in editing with Adobe Premiere including creating content using AfterEffects, PhotoShop and Illustrator and other core production skills.
- Experience with Social Media analytics, including Chartbeat, SocialBakers and Google analytics
- Experience with managing Live content on Social Media platforms
- Strong news judgment
- Broad knowledge of political, economic, and social situations in the broadcast area as well as international affairs acquired through studies, research, writing, travel, or other relevant experience or exposure
- Excellent writing in a news environment and demonstrated ability to work with social and digital media to both find content and disseminate it.
- Adapts to and works effectively within a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups. Flexibility entails understanding and appreciating different and opposing perspectives on an issue, adapting one’s approach as the requirements of a situation change, and changing or easily accepting changes in one’ s own organization or job requirements.,
- Excellent teamwork and the ability to multitask and prioritize with little supervision.
- Ability to balance multiple responsibilities and projects simultaneously and work under deadlines.
• Hungarian language Native level
• English language Proficient
• Other foreign language is an advantage
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Candidates for these positions must reside within commuting distance of the specified city, or be willing to relocate there at their own expense. Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.