Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty seeks a Bureau Media Manager to regulate and manage life-cycles of media files and assets created at the Bureau. The Bureau Media Manager will report to the Manager of the RFE/RL Digital News Library, and will play a key role in supporting the daily file management (creation, delivery, deletion) and routing of media assets in the Bureau. The Bureau Media Manager will coordinate and collaborate with the Bureau Librarian, Engineers, Technicians, IT, and System Administrators in the Bureau and Prague as needed.
The Bureau Media Manager will assist in file delivery to and from other Bureaus and the Prague Broadcast Headquarters via various file delivery methods.
The Bureau Media Manager will be in charge of monitoring and controlling file creation, growth, and purging on regular schedules to maintain the operating health of Bureau Production Storage and delivery environments.
The Bureau Media Manager will be employed by the local bureau, which will administer scheduling, pay, time and attendance.
- Based on overall File Management Policies and Retention Schedules derived by Editorial, Archives and Engineering, controls File and Folder maintenance on the Bureau Production Storage NAS, or related storage. On a daily basis, assesses and manages the Production Storage NAS by manual and automated file management tasks in relation to daily and weekly News Production schedules.
- Compiles and prepares video files chosen by Bureau Librarian for archive. Concatenates multiple camera-originals, prepares designated files for archive ingesting and cataloging by the Bureau Librarian. Provides QA/QC on these files as needed. With the Bureau Librarian creates schedules of review, compilation and deletion of files from the Production Storage for archiving. Troubleshoots and repairs files where possible.
- Coordinates with Video Archives (Prague), and Engineering (Prague), and Bureau Production Teams on the arrangement and structuring of the File Directory for the Bureau’s Production Storage NAS, based on the combined needs of Production and Archive practices.
- Coordinates any file transfers within the Production Storage NAS to make newly created files available to Production Teams. Educates Production Teams on the policies and procedures for accessing files in designated locations on Production Storage.
- Collaborates with Engineering and/or IT to regulate permissions and access to Production Storage NAS.
- Collaborates with Engineers and/or IT to plan for additional storage growth, and additional file management or file delivery technology, as needed. Collaborates with Engineers and Production Teams on creating future media workflows to meet future technology needs.
- Cooperates closely with the Bureau Administrator and the respective Service Team in Prague.
- Bachelor’s Degree [or equivalent] preferred in a related field or subject area: Video/Audio Production, Engineering, or Telecommunications
- Experience in broadcast or digital media distribution environment (3-5 years).
- Familiarity with Media / Digital Asset Management systems
- Experience in storage (SAN and NAS) management.
- Basic video editing skills.
- Demonstrated experience with the following technologies or practices
- DNG/ENG Field recording and video delivery workflows
- Linear broadcast and non-linear digital distribution workflows
- Transcode and encoding software
- File analysis and QC software
- File delivery software
- Live streaming file, and/or Base-band feed delivery protocols and practices
- Video Editing software
- Current video formats, framerates, codecs and containers; current audio file formats.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure.
- Ability to quickly anticipate, trouble-shoot and resolve problems.
- Keen attention to detail and highly organized.
- Ability to effectively communicate, carry out directives, lead groups, and professionally maintain client-customer relationships in a diverse, inclusive, multi-lingual work environment.
- Willingness to work flexible hours as needed.
- Ukrainian Language, native to near-native (Mandatory)
- English language, advanced (Preferred)
- Russian language, native to near-native (Preferred)
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Candidates for these positions must reside within commuting distance of the specified city, or be willing to relocate there at their own expense. Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.