We are looking for an Editorial Manager, Newsletters on a part-time, freelance contract to help us further develop RFE/RL’s small but growing newsletter portfolio.
The scope of this contract is to work with the stakeholders in editorial, IT and marketing teams to improve how we serve our current newsletters' audiences and to contribute to building exciting new offerings.
- Improve the editorial email inbox experience for our newsletters.
- Improve the onboarding and offboarding experiences for our subscribers.
- Grow our newsletter audience through new offerings, user-focus and marketing.
- Work closely with internal partners in editorial to maintain and improve our day-to-day toolset while establishing workflow best-practices in a newsletter playbook.
- Define, organize user stories and requirements to drive newsletter enhancements.
- Lead requirements gathering, prioritize features, keep focus on project deliverables.
- Experience in editorial work environments
- Experience in launching and optimizing newsletters
- Understanding of success metrics for newsletters
- Strong understanding of integration of CMS platforms
- Passion for journalism and technology
About 20 hours/week
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants.
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.