The Senior React Developer is responsible for development of high-performance responsive websites, maintenance and improvement the existing client-side code. Helping yourself and others to grow their technical skills.
What we do and what we offer:
What we do in Pangea Digital:
We are a team of web developers, testers, designers, product managers, systems administrators and customer care specialists who build customize web solutions for Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty, Voice of America, Middle East Broadcasting Networks and Office of Cuban Broadcasting.
We design and develop News Websites, Mobile Apps, Smart TV Apps, our custom Pangea Content Management System, Media Asset Management System – for more information about Pangea products look at http://www.pangea-cms.com/ and about Pangea team at www.facebook.com/PangeaCMS.
What we can offer:
• A unique, multinational employer with a great history and presence in providing accurate and reliable news and information to domestic audiences in the local languages (rferl.org).
• Work on content management systems for journalists who make difference in the world (more than 100 websites in more than 50 languages).
• Competitive salary.
• Good benefits package: Vacation (after three years of service - 25 days), Holidays (a corporate holiday schedule with holidays added to Czech statutory holidays), Fitness Benefit (membership in a fitness center network), Sick Leave (13 workdays of paid sick leave per year), Medical Care on Premises, Public Transportation Allowance, Meal Allowance, Summer Allowance, Retirement Savings Program, Language Courses, Life Insurance, Relocation Benefit (One-way travel and transportation expenses for employees hired outside the Czech Republic).
• Training and development opportunities – internal and external.
• Friendly team and positive working environment.
• Permanent employment (after one-year contract).
Responsibilities and Requirements:
• Developing high performance responsive websites.
• Helping yourself and others to grow their technical skills.
• Translating web designs into cross-browser compatible CSS, HTML and JS.
• Maintaining and improving the existing client-side code.
• Working with our designers and backend developers to continually improve web experience of our visitors.
• Promoting new development guidelines, patterns and trends.
• Interests in technology trends
• Experience with SASS
• Knowledge of modern JS (ES6 – ES2019), React news, React libraries,
• Knowledge of NPM Packaging Tool, Webpack, Yarn, Grunt
• The ability to write solid, maintainable and reusable code (HTML, CSS, JS),
• Team player and self-motivated learner,
• English language is a must, Czech language is a plus.
• Nice to have:
o Redux Saga
o Experience with GIT, Jira, Bitbucket, Jenkins.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.