Lead Web Systems Administrator is responsible for managing and leading a team of Web System Administrators and Streaming Specialists. He/she ensures that all applications run efficiently and with optimal security standards. Plans the roadmap and future development of the operational systems, hardware and applications. Supervises administrators’ daily execution of their tasks, helping them to support and maintain all server systems, hardware, audio/ video equipment, storage, workstations etc.
What we do and what we offer:
What we do in Pangea Digital:
We are a team of web developers, testers, designers, product managers, systems administrators and customer care specialists who build customize web solutions for Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty, Voice of America, Middle East Broadcasting Networks and Office of Cuban Broadcasting.
We design and develop News Websites, Mobile Apps, Smart TV Apps, our custom Pangea Content Management System, Media Asset Management System – for more information about Pangea products look at http://www.pangea-cms.com/ and about Pangea team at www.facebook.com/PangeaCMS.
What we can offer:
• A unique, multinational employer with a great history and presence in providing accurate and reliable news and information to domestic audiences in the local languages (rferl.org).
• Work on content management systems for journalists who make difference in the world (more than 100 websites in more than 50 languages).
• Competitive salary.
• Good benefits package: Vacation (after three years of service - 25 days), Holidays (a corporate holiday schedule with holidays added to Czech statutory holidays), Fitness Benefit (membership in a fitness center network), Sick Leave (13 workdays of paid sick leave per year), Medical Care on Premises, Public Transportation Allowance, Meal Allowance, Summer Allowance, Retirement Savings Program, Language Courses, Life Insurance, Relocation Benefit (One-way travel and transportation expenses for employees hired outside the Czech Republic).
• Training and development opportunities – internal and external.
• Friendly team and positive working environment.
• Permanent employment (after one-year contract).
Responsibilities and Requirements:
• Manages and leads a team of Web System Administrators and Streaming Specialists - plans shifts, approves vacation etc.
• Ensures that all applications run efficiently and with optimal security standards
• Supervises administrators’ daily execution tasks
• Reorganizes server configurations to improve reliability and security
• Supervises release process and system security (attacks, security reviews, security penetration tests, etc.)
• Plans the future of hardware / software evolution of Pangea systems
• Organizes and assigns Jira tasks
• Negotiates with external contractors
• Minimum 3 years’ experience of leading a team in an IT environment – strong managerial skills
• Experience in making hardware equipment operational and configured
• Ability to quickly anticipate, trouble-shoot and resolve problems
• Analytical Skills - Ability to use a methodical step/by step approach to break down complex problems or processes into their constituent parts; to identify cause and effect patterns and analyze problems to arrive at an appropriate solution
• Organizational skills
• Team player and self-motivated learner
• English language is a must, Czech language a plus
• Strong knowledge of: Windows Server OS version 2008-2012-2016, MSSQL Server version 20012-2014-2016 (MSSQL AG environment), MS domain environment (AD, DNS, CERT. AUTH., LDAP, security etc.), SCOM 2012-2016 (especially VMM), HYPER-V structured private cloud environment, Microsoft clustering technology, MS IIS server (.net application, certificates, HTTPS etc.), certification technology (certificates, encryption and security), MS windows environment, .net applications security standards, MS WSUS technology.
• Good knowledge of: Linux systems administering (RED HAT), TSQL language scripting, PowerShell/batch scripting, audio video streaming technology / standards, DELL Compellent storage systems and server technology, life cycle of developing process (from devel to live environment), DEVOPS automation processes standards, administering Atlassian products (JIRA, KB, BITBUCKET etc.), MS SharePoint 2012 administration, WOWZA streaming system, NAGIOS monitoring systems, AKAMAI technologies content delivery network, Apache Tomcat webserver configuration and administering
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.