The Control Room Director is responsible for the execution of live and pre-recorded studio productions, predominately Russian language broadcasts, in RFE/RLs Prague studios. The director will lead the studio crew, producers and talent to execute live multi-camera news and discussion programs. The Director is responsible for maintaining the editorial integrity of the broadcast, and insuring the studio crew execute the program to high production standards.
- Directs newscasts, discussion programs and live events in the television studio control room.
- Leads the studio crew to ensure high quality production standards are met.
- Ensures the editorial integrity of the broadcasts.
- Maintains good customer relations with producers and content providers; ensures timely delivery of recorded material to clients.
- Works with producers in the development of new shows.
- Trains and mentors other operations staff moving towards Control Room Directing.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Specialized education in audio-visual arts.
- Specialized training in the operation of television broadcasting equipment.
- 2-3 years of experience directing live, multi-camera, News television programs.
- Experience working in a live TV control room as video switcher operator.
- Ability to communicate with people effectively and work within a team.
- Ability to act under pressure and maintain control and consistency in moments of high pressure.
- Ability to lead, and make quick decisions.
- Knowledge of studio broadcast technologies, including control room automation.
- Ability to direct in a tradition control room and under automation.
- Knowledge of global current affairs, and in particular Russia, Ukraine and Central Asia.
- English language (Proficient), mandatory.
- Russian language (Proficient), preferred.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to email@example.com , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.