RFE/RL is looking for a Visual Journalist/Newsroom Developer to produce fantastic interactive visualizations as part of our Prague-based Digital Team. The person in this role will help produce visual narratives, while also collaborating with our small, dedicated team of visual journalists and others across RFE/RL. You’ll help bring ideas to life with code – everything from daily news graphics and visualizations to large-scale projects that advance the way we tell stories in the digital space. We're flexible on your exact skill set as long as you are a team player, curious, creative, and willing to learn. You’ll report to the Graphics and Data Editor in RFE/RL’s English-language Central Newsroom. Interested? Send your CV along with portfolio samples and a cover letter in English using the Apply button below.
- Identify and pitch visual story ideas.
- Develop and execute visually led stories for daily, long-form, and breaking news, including interactive and static maps, charts and infographics. From conceptualization to delivery.
- Collaborate with other visual journalists to refine standards and best practices for storytelling forms including data visualizations, interactives, photography, illustrations, and animations.
- Acquire, curate, develop and edit data sets for infographics and interactives.
- College degree or 3 or more years of Newsroom professional experience.
- Combination of editing experience, data analysis (R, Python, Node, etc.), experience with more advanced JS libraries (React, three.js, etc),
- Experience developing multimedia visualizations, with an online portfolio of recent projects/work
- Mapping and graphics skills (Illustrator, AI2html, QGIS)
- Should have experience working in news media
- Someone who is highly motivated and enthusiastic about excellent visual journalism
- Well-organized with the ability to generate original ideas consistently
- A quick learner, eager to adopt new tools and methods such as video editing and producing
- Comfortable working collaboratively and individually, with the ability to multitask and prioritize with little supervision
- Attention to detail, strong communication skills, and ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced newsroom environment are crucial
- Knowledge of Russian is an advantage
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy notice for applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to regulations imposed on RFE/RL in order to finance its operations and due to contractual arrangements between RFE/RL and USAGM set up in its Grant Agreement, RFE/RL must ensure that every candidate, who enters into the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL undergoes a pre-employment check from public sources and a background security investigation/check after the acceptance of RFE/RL´s offer letter.
With respect to the above, all applicants are informed that:
• RFE/RL may use information from public sources during its selection process to perform one-time pre-employment checks which are conducted by RFE/RL; personal data (mainly name, surname, address, date of birth, personal identification number, telephone number, e-mail address ) will be collected and processed by RFE/RL for a maximum period of one year.
• Employment at RFE/RL is contingent upon the successful completion of a background security investigation/check performed after the acceptance of RFE/RL´s offer letter. Information about the collection and processing of personal data in this matter will be provided together with the offer letter.