RFE/RL’s Persian Service - Radio Farda’s English language editors are seeking interns in Prague for its website operation. The internship will provide journalism training, working with a CMS and other digital tools. The interns will also have opportunity to create articles and stories under their own byline. Ideally, we are seeking candidates studying in Prague. Expected attendance would be flexible based on availability. Interns not based in the Prague can also apply and participate in the internship. In this case the interns would be mentored remoting throughout their internship learning experience.
You will learn to
- Write short news items according to RFE/RL standards.
- Research and write long features.
- Work in CMS to draft articles.
- Write social media friendly teases.
- Must be a university student or recent graduate.
- Strong knowledge of international relations and very good knowledge of the Middle East region High proficiency in written and oral English.
- Previous experience with writing short or long essays or articles.
- Good understanding of media industry.
- Strong orientation to details with emphasis on accuracy.
- Ability to work under deadline and stress.
- Awareness of current affairs especially those concerning RFE/RL’s broadcast regions.
- Video editing skills, graphics and motion graphics skills are not required, but desirable.
- Good understanding of the Persian language is not required, but desirable.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to PRGinternships@rferl.org , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.