We are looking for an Investigative Journalist to be a part of RFE/RL’s Ukrainian Service investigative department. You will initiate, prepare, produce and deliver complex original stories in Ukraine on multiple platforms. Along with other investigative journalists on the team, you will work on complex investigations while staying true to RFE/RL mission, adhering to and striving to exceed RFE/RL content quality standards.
- Conducts investigative journalism on the topics of war, politics, economy, corruption
- Prepares material for the publication in text and video formats in collaboration with editors, cameramen, project directors
- Cooperates with other journalists of the project, participates in tactical and strategic planning of the editorial work
- Adheres to journalistic standards
- Combination of education and investigative journalism experience
- Journalism or related field university degree
- 5+ years experience as an investigative journalist in a major news organization, and a track record of own investigations.
- History of successful projects under deadline pressure.
- Broad, thorough and detailed knowledge of political, economic, and social situations in Ukraine as well as international affairs
- Excellent investigative journalism skills and a history of multimedia investigative projects
- Proven ability to produce innovative, creative, cross-platform investigative journalism and storytelling that can be held up as examples of best-practice journalism.
- Ability to produce, report and write from a network of original sources, including short and long-form pieces.
- Consistently pitches original ideas resulting in viable suggestions for coverage and delivery.
- Contributing to maintaining a positive, collegial working environment.
- Ukrainian language, mandatory.
- English language, desirable.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants.
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.