The Data/Visual Journalist focuses primarily on collecting, creating and using data and graphics in order to distill complex topics (e.g. economics and corruption) into user friendly, compelling, engaging, interactive, and interesting story presentations for multiple platform use (digital, web, social media & TV). S/he will take a direct role in the daily analysis of data production of info graphics, charts, graphs, etc. S/he must have experience in all phases of creating visualizations and microsites. Excellent people skills and a customer-oriented attitude are equally important, as you will be working every day in close collaboration with graphic designers and other specialist staff from across the organization both in Prague and in the bureaus. The incumbent is expected to stay on top of world news, attend editorial meetings, communicate with clarity, and keep a flexible schedule.
• Designs online interactives, including microsites, and design elements for feature content.
• Works closely with writers, editors and other designers to create visual projects under tight deadlines.
• Makes sense of difficult data sets and presents compelling stories around them.
• Develops bots, games and other tools, with a specific focus on a positive and informative experience, particularly for mobile consumption.
• Stays current with state of the art data visualization practices, including web design/mobile/tablet/desktop UI, graphic presentation, interactivity and other relevant areas; provides guidance and support in those areas.
• Provides design and execution for web page, web page elements, HTML emails, site promotions, partner channels, print collateral and other site features/enhancements.
• Educated in Graphic Design, Coding, Journalism or a related field (BA Bachelor degree desirable).
• Highly motivated and well-organized with the ability to generate original ideas consistently.
• Excellent teamwork and the ability to multitask and prioritize with little supervision.
• A proactive, can-do attitude, with excellent interpersonal skills needed to build positive relationships within RFE/RL and outside broadcasters.
• Expertise in Illustrator and Photoshop or equivalents.
• Desire to grow professionally and an interest in general understanding of business are welcome.
• Russian (fluent), mandatory
• English language (Proficient), mandatory
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to email@example.com , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.