We are looking for a Junior Travel & Shipping Specialist to our Travel & Shipping department. She/he is responsible for all aspects of travel and shipping of household effects for staff members and accompanying dependents, as well as for travel arrangements for freelancers, consultants, candidates for vacant positions, and others whose travel is paid for by RFE/RL. Reports to Manager, Travel & Shipping. The scope of work will be 30 hours/week (part-time).
• Provides support in arranging business/home leave travel for employees, dependents, freelancers, consultants, interns and others with an authorized Travel Request through an outsourced service provider, as well through direct contacts with hotels, shipping and travel agencies and others.
• Maintains databases for Home Leave and Monthly Travel Activity.
• Prepares reports on activities as required.
• Arranges shipping of household goods through an outsourced service provider for new hires, transfers, and final returns, including accompanying dependents. Prepares customs documentation. Files all shipping documentation.
• In co-operation with the Manager, Travel & Shipping liaises with staff of travel agency and relocation firm.
• Liaises with administrative assistants, staff of the Finance department, and other RFE/RL departments.
• Deals with all manners of questions, enquiries, complaints, and any and all other matters regarding travel and shipping, including documentation, changes of travel plans, RFE/RL policy on relocation and travel, allowances, and lost and damaged goods. Refers complex policy decisions and difficult problems to the Supervisor, Travel and Shipping.
• Substitutes Housing coordinator during scheduled leave and unscheduled absences
• Secondary education in business administration or a related field, mandatory
• 1-2 years handling administration
• 1-2 years of experience arranging travel and accommodation (dealing with clients and service providers)
• Previous experience working in a multicultural or a multinational environment; or experience living and working abroad, preferably in relevant RFE/RL target regions considered advantageous
• Office administration
• Detail orientation
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Dependability and reliability
• Ability to work with others on a team
• Organizational skills
• End-user knowledge of MS Office applications
• Familiarity with LotusNotes, PeopleSoft or other data maintenance software considered an advantage
• Czech at a native level
• English - upper intermediate level
• Knowledge of Russian or another RFE/RL target language considered an advantage
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.