Working in a team environment, The Visual Designer is responsible for designing RFE/RL’s suite of online and print products, working on mobile, apps, tablet and desktop – for over 25 language public-facing sites, Intranet sites and in-house CMS from concept to launch. He/she possesses superb hands-on design skills as well as significant UI experience to identify and implement strategic best practice solutions. The Visual Designer knows the best practices for typography, color and layout, usability guidelines and which principles to emulate and which to disregard. This position includes design development, graphic layout/production and interacting with internal staff at all levels of the organization.
- Create online promotional materials, various graphic content, web pages, web page elements, interactive banners, infographics, icons, maps, social media templates, advertisements and marketing campaigns, HTML emails, site promotions, partner channels, and other site features/enhancements.
- Prepare designs for print and other offline promotions like posters, brochures, billboards, banners, book covers, t-shirts, etc.
- Helping to design innovative mobile, tablet, desktop and app design, working toward a “one web” Internet presence.
- Creates webpage layouts and content “widget” containers based on usability patterns. Implements these creative elements and graphics in conjunction with developers, interactive designers and site editors. Help journalists visually organize their online content and pages, and builds comprehensive and user-friendly information architecture for RFE/RL websites.
- Develops guidelines governing the design aspects of RFE/RL's web and print publications especially with respect to maintaining a uniform and professional corporate identity.
- Determines and ensures project graphics are consistent with the existing corporate identity and business plan.
- Stays current with state-of-the-art web site practices, including mobile/tablet/desktop UI, graphic presentation, interactivity and other relevant areas; provides guidance and support in those areas.
- Works to design, implement and upgrade web based or web enabled applications for Intranet and Internet environments, including web interfaces to legacy systems. Works to ensure the integrity, quality and consistency of the design throughout the project.
- Writes design specifications for website programming.
- Maintains the graphic web products, development and archive of project files, templates and paper/electronic documents.
- Tests the functionality and usability of new web products.
- Combination of education and experience
- Graphic Design or a related field BA - Bachelor’s degree (Desirable)
- Hands-on experience in online and print promotional design, 3-4 Years (Desirable)
- Experience in mobile web and mobile application (iOS/Android) UI design 1-2 Years (Desirable)
- Relevant industry experience as a UI designer engaged in conceptual development, information architecture, wireframing, design systems, usability testing and execution of creative assignments. 3-4 Years (Mandatory)
- Ability to balance multiple responsibilities and projects simultaneously. (Mandatory)
- Ability to work with minimum supervision (Mandatory)
- Ability to work with others on a team - be a team player, who can interact and operate effectively with peers and other associates within a collegial, and yet demanding work environment. (Mandatory)
- Accuracy and fine attention to detail (Mandatory)
- Communication skills; written and verbal. (Mandatory)
- Organizational skills (Mandatory)
- Relevant software knowledge for creating mock-ups, prototypes, and UI elements and patterns. (Mandatory)
- Time Management (Mandatory)
- Broadcast region language Working Knowledge Oral + Written
- Czech language Working Knowledge Oral + Written
- English language Proficient (Mandatory)
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.